Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » funny fonts in oracle reports builder (version 8, windows NT)
funny fonts in oracle reports builder [message #296559] Mon, 28 January 2008 03:52 Go to next message
white_phoenix
hi
I got 'funny' output every time I run the report builder. See attachment. How do I overcome this?
  • Attachment: test.gif
    (Size: 18.28KB, Downloaded 765 times)
Re: funny fonts in oracle reports builder [message #296561 is a reply to message #296559] Mon, 28 January 2008 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm afraid you'll have to do some extra effort and explain what you did. At the moment, all I can say is: I've never seen something like that (but I believe it doesn't help much, does it?).
Re: funny fonts in oracle reports builder [message #296570 is a reply to message #296559] Mon, 28 January 2008 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white_phoenix
Actually I'm not trying to focus on the report, but rather on the setting of my PC. When I try the same report at any other PC, it's working fine. Some changes at the registry maybe?
Re: funny fonts in oracle reports builder [message #296588 is a reply to message #296570] Mon, 28 January 2008 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Which font do you use? Is it installed on a computer that doesn't display the report output properly?
Re: funny fonts in oracle reports builder [message #296779 is a reply to message #296559] Tue, 29 January 2008 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white_phoenix
I've checked with the other PC, all fonts were installed at my PC just like the other PC. But I think there's Chinese fonts/character installed in my PC as well. Could this be the cause?
Re: funny fonts in oracle reports builder [message #296792 is a reply to message #296779] Tue, 29 January 2008 01:36 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know; but, I'd expect the report not to run properly if there were LESS fonts, not MORE of them.

Check this document; it is talking about Managing Fonts in Oracle Reports.

Quote:
During report formatting, fonts associated with the layout objects are first checked against the font alias file, uifont.ali. If an entry in the font alias file is found, the mapped font is used instead of the original one. The mapped font is then looked up in the list of fonts available on the system or printer. If a particular font is not found, Oracle Reports will look for the nearest matching font under the same character set which can be used instead.

Perhaps you'd want to check the UIFONT.ALI file; also, it might be a good idea to read the whole document.
Previous Topic: need vertical output in reports 10g
Next Topic: case statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 08:32:13 CDT 2024