Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » best practice in creating discoverer business area's (oracle discoverer 10g)
icon4.gif  best practice in creating discoverer business area's [message #294854] Sun, 20 January 2008 04:00 Go to next message
micro_oracle

mmm,

I'm now the guy who will be responsible of implementing oracle discoverer in my HQ offices

that draw to me a big tension of the final shape of discoverer performance and reports efficiency in the company.

small challenges now may be growing after going live date and accumelated to yeild strong and complicated problems in the future.

now our ERP system with more than 3000 tables structure will be online after a month.
and I have to build the EUL for reporting purposes and my questions is :

1- shall I start creating a sophisticated queries on that tables and creating my business area's to be based that queris or importing all related tables to form the EUL final shape and invoked in joining the tables with each others and including all the business logics to be done through Oracle Discoverer?

also I'm concerning here with performance matter of view in which we will not suffer in retrieving data in the first 8 to 12 month's but sure after 15 or 18 months the process of running such report may be a nightmare.

your advise on desgn is really appreciated.

Thanks
Re: best practice in creating discoverer business area's [message #296826 is a reply to message #294854] Tue, 29 January 2008 03:21 Go to previous message
skooman
That's a pretty big question to put on a forum. There is so much to be said about it and, as always, the answer will be "it depends"....

You know the hardware, the database, the users, the reports/analysis required, the load during different hours of the day, etc. We don't.
Previous Topic: case statement
Next Topic: disable options "drill to related items"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 08:33:36 CDT 2024