Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report Printing Problem
Report Printing Problem [message #294172] Wed, 16 January 2008 11:56 Go to next message
sriramkgg
Hi,

My report is for Processed Sales Order
I have 3 repeating frames in my layout, each will fit inside a page. The 1st frame is for printing a invoice, the 2nd which is below the 1st is for the pick ticket and the 3rd which is below the 2nd for the pack list.
When I print for more than one Sales Order, it will print all the invoices, then all the pick tickets and all the pack lists.

But my requirement is to print the invoice, pick ticket and the pack list for one Sales Order, then go to the next Sales Order and so on.

I have tried putiing all the 3 repeating frames inside a giant repeating frame. but it throws 'Object "Body" cannot be enclosed error".
I increased the "Vertical Panels Per Page" of the main section, to 3. But then everything comes inside a large page, which is also not accepted.

Can anyone suggest some other method where it will print in the order i mentioned and print each document in a separate page. My client is using a printer which is stapling for every 3 pages.

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 16 January 2008 11:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Report Printing Problem [message #294175 is a reply to message #294172] Wed, 16 January 2008 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benoitchabot
you ha ve to put your 2nd frame in the first one and the 3th one in the 2nd one. It's like a group by.

Re: Report Printing Problem [message #294181 is a reply to message #294175] Wed, 16 January 2008 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sriramkgg
Thank you for the suggestion.

All the three repeating frames I mentioned are accessing the same data model group say G_HEAD. I am sorry i didnt mention this in my first post.

So when I was trying to put all the three repeating frames in giant repeting frame, I was basically following your suggestion. But then it gives me all the details in a single large page for each Sales Order, which is also not accepted.

Another method which I tried is to delete all the three repeating frames and put all the fields in them inside the giant repeating frame which is accessing the data model group G_HEAD. But it gives me the same result as above which my client refuses to accept.

Any other methods??

[Updated on: Wed, 16 January 2008 13:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Report Printing Problem [message #294182 is a reply to message #294181] Wed, 16 January 2008 13:06 Go to previous message
benoitchabot
you need 3 data model group to do what you want.

you have to drag out the fields of your 1 repeting frame

and the drag out the field of your 2 repeting frame
and then you will have 3 data model group.

And each of your 3 modelm group will refer to a repeting frame in you layout.
Previous Topic: Currency Formatting In Reports
Next Topic: Matrix Reports - Spreadsheet output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 10:02:08 CDT 2024