Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Converting Bit Mapped Report To Characted Mode Report (Reports 6i)
Converting Bit Mapped Report To Characted Mode Report [message #289895] Wed, 26 December 2007 08:20 Go to next message
elsy
I am having a report developed in reports 6 i bit mapped.
Since it is a bit mapped report , printing in a dot matrix printer takes time say 2 minutes per page

How can I reduce the time

Is it by converting the bitmapped report to character mode

I tried it by coverting as follows

changed the report propoerty

character mode
design in character mode units -yes

system parameter
mode -character

After doing this when I run the report the layout is not proper everything is changed.

Is there any way to convert the bit mapped report to character with out changing the layout.

Responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Elsy
Kuwait
Re: Converting Bit Mapped Report To Characted Mode Report [message #289903 is a reply to message #289895] Wed, 26 December 2007 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Bitmapped reports use proportional fonts (such as Arial or Times New Roman). Character reports use non-proportional fonts (like Courier). It is expected that output will be distorted, so - you'll have to redesign the report's output using the Paper Layout editor.
Re: Converting Bit Mapped Report To Characted Mode Report [message #289973 is a reply to message #289895] Wed, 26 December 2007 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elsy
I tried with font courier, size 10

some of the fields shows *** and when i tried to increase the width i goes out of page and tries to increase the width of the repeating frames gives error invalid page size.

The report width is 80 and height is 66

some of the fileds are not displaying.

Any more changes .Kinldy assit.
Thanks

Elsy
Re: Converting Bit Mapped Report To Characted Mode Report [message #289980 is a reply to message #289973] Thu, 27 December 2007 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Obviously, this report needs "more changes". I can not help you - it is YOU who has to do all the changes.
Re: Converting Bit Mapped Report To Characted Mode Report [message #289985 is a reply to message #289895] Thu, 27 December 2007 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elsy
As you said, this report needs more changes. Can you tell me in general what are the changes if you know.

sorry to say, I didnt tell YOU to do it.
If you have any suggestions kinldy assit.

I will do it myself.

Thanks
Re: Converting Bit Mapped Report To Characted Mode Report [message #289987 is a reply to message #289985] Thu, 27 December 2007 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I know I won't do the changes Smile

What I meant to say is that you've started a process (modifying the report), but didn't finish it yet. There's no much to tell ... you've already changed the font. Now move fields from left to right, up and down. Possibly, fix number format (for example, from 99,999.99 to 99999.99) to save space. For character fields, either use SUBSTR function to return a "shorter" value or set vertical elasticity property to ON. Maybe you could even change paper orientation from portrait to landscape ...

I know, it will take some time, but - that's it. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do it faster. Someone, though, might know it, but you'll have to wait until he/she sees your question.
Re: Converting Bit Mapped Report To Characted Mode Report [message #290043 is a reply to message #289987] Thu, 27 December 2007 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
hi elsy,

as you have already did the settings in your report to character size your speed problem must be solved.

Regarding the space problem LF has suggested you lot many options and yes that is the only option and only YOU can modify your reports.

Ashu
Re: Converting Bit Mapped Report To Characted Mode Report [message #297289 is a reply to message #289895] Thu, 31 January 2008 01:01 Go to previous message
srinu2466
Hi,

I am also facing the same problem with dot matrix printer. i build the character mode report using emp table(scott user) without lines. Even though it is slow and it is look like bitmap report only. Can you send me the sample report (using with emp table) and .prt file for that.

My mail Id is : srinu2466@yahoo.co.in

Thank you,

With Best Regards,
Srinivas
Previous Topic: REP-51002: Bind to Reports Server repserver failed
Next Topic: EXPORT TO CSV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 08:36:50 CDT 2024