Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Opening the report output in CSV format
Opening the report output in CSV format [message #289629] Mon, 24 December 2007 09:02 Go to next message
sudheer.vsk
Hi All,

I want to display the output of 10g Report in CSV format.
can u pelase help me in this case.

urgent pls!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks&Regards,
sudheer.

[EDITED by LF: removed empty lines]

[MERGED by LF; please, do not open a new topic about the same problem. You've opened three of them, all talking about CSV output. Continue discussion (if any) in the original one.]

[Updated on: Wed, 26 December 2007 04:59] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

selecting parameters in parameter form of a report [message #289632 is a reply to message #289629] Mon, 24 December 2007 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sudheer.vsk
Hi All,

In my parameter form ,I have these below mentioned fields,

1.Product code:
2.scheme name:
3.output format:

If I select a particular product say eg:GCLPV.
It will show only the schemes which fall in that particular product.

I want this Immediately.

urgent pls!!!!!

Thanks&Regards,
sudheer.

[EDITED by LF: removed empty lines]

[Updated on: Tue, 25 December 2007 03:17] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: REPORTS [message #289669 is a reply to message #289629] Tue, 25 December 2007 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Select File - Generate to File - Delimited (or DelimitedData - see which one of those suits your needs better). Choose the separator character (Tab, comma, semi-colon, ...) and save the output. Quite simple.
Re: selecting parameters in parameter form of a report [message #289670 is a reply to message #289632] Tue, 25 December 2007 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You are a new member of the OraFAQ Forum; welcome! As you didn't read a guide we created for people like you, please, read it. It will take only a few minutes of your time and significantly improve the way we'd like to communicate with each others.

Quote:

I want this Immediately.

urgent pls!!!!!

Please, do not do that. You may want whatever you need, but it doesn't mean you'll get it (at least, not on a forum). Also, it may be urgent for you, but it doesn't mean it is urgent for the rest of the community. We are all volunteers here and love to help people, but absolutely hate when someone makes a rush of it.

As of your question: Oracle Reports Builder is incapable of doing what you'd like to do. Parameters do not "see" each other, so you'll have to create your own parameter form (using, for example, Oracle Forms Builder) whose parameters (list of values) can do that. Of course, you'll then have to invoke a report using, for example, a push button. There are many examples here about the issue (search for WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT in the Forms forum).
Opening the report output in CSV FORMAT [message #289833 is a reply to message #289629] Wed, 26 December 2007 04:27 Go to previous message
sudheer.vsk
Hi All,

I created one report in oracle 10g.

My parameter form looks like:

1.PRODUCT NAME:-----
2.SCHEME NAME :-----
3.OUTPUT_FORMAT :1.PDF
2.SPREADSHEET.

After selecting product name and scheme name, if I select
PDF, the output will open in PDF format.otherwise, If I select SPREADSHEET ,the output will open in spreadsheet.

In repor trigger AFTER PARAMETER FORM, I have written the following code

:DES_FORMAT := :OUTPUT_FORMAT ;

I have a system named IIMS.If I PRINT the report through this system, it will open the results for me in either PDF OR SPREADSHEET based on the selection of my parameter form.But ,I need the output to be open in CSV FORMAT.

Please share your suggestions.

Thanks&Regards,
sudheer.
Previous Topic: Display Single Record (Frame)
Next Topic: how to make a report manullay
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 09:55:51 CDT 2024