Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how to make a report manullay (oracle 8i form 6.0 win xp)
how to make a report manullay [message #288833] Tue, 18 December 2007 21:40 Go to next message
orarep
hello everyone

i made a simple query in report and then try to display it's result in report but how i should make it display as i can't use the report wizard

what i did.

1. creat a field mannualy and name it 'F_std_name'
2. give it's source as the column name in the query
3.then i took a frame and enclosed the field 'F_std_name'
4. then i enclosed the whole thing by a repeating frame and give it's source as the record gp 'R_g_std'

but when i run it it says the common error
"field F_std_name references col name at frequency below...

so where i am wrong

plz guide

regards
Re: how to make a report manullay [message #288857 is a reply to message #288833] Tue, 18 December 2007 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musman

its mean your field source column is not present in the source you used for repeating frame.
check it again.
Re: how to make a report manullay [message #288884 is a reply to message #288833] Wed, 19 December 2007 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
orarep

... as i can't use the report wizard

Just being curious: why?
Re: how to make a report manullay [message #289732 is a reply to message #288884] Tue, 25 December 2007 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orarep
because i should know and there are times when you need that now in my case i need it how?

i have report comprising 12 queries and now when i almost finished so then some last changes and that require another small query to be the part of this report. say it is
"select "hello world" from tab1" now if i run the wizard so the whole format will distorted and i have already taken enough time on it's format so plzz tell me how i will incorporate the label "hello world". in my case it is basically a lablel so now it query so how to do that .

even if it is like that "seelct col1 from tab1" so how to incorporate it plzz tell me that is my prob as i can't run the wizard again and may be there more changes when seen by my client so again?

plz guide

regards
Re: how to make a report manually [message #289845 is a reply to message #289732] Wed, 26 December 2007 04:48 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, first you'll have to create a query in the Data Model editor. Then go to Paper Layout editor and create necessary frame(s) and field(s) where appropriate - use Tool Palette to accomplish that task.

By the way, learning how to do that manually is OK when you do it on a simple test report. Messing up with a (complicated?) 12-query report is ... well, not something I'd want to do if I don't know exactly HOW to do that.
Previous Topic: Opening the report output in CSV format
Next Topic: Report takes long time to open
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 09:53:21 CDT 2024