Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how can i make reports from two queries ?
icon5.gif  how can i make reports from two queries ? [message #288255] Sun, 16 December 2007 11:11 Go to next message
Hany Freedom

how can i make reports from two queries ?
Re: how can i make reports from two queries ? [message #288257 is a reply to message #288255] Sun, 16 December 2007 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Two options:
  • create two reports (one report per query)
  • create one report (put both queries into one report). In this option, you might need to create links between those queries.
Re: how can i make reports from two queries ? [message #288345 is a reply to message #288257] Mon, 17 December 2007 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orarep
and sir what is the main advantage of that link sor plz ans i have the same practical and theoritical problem.

regards
Re: how can i make reports from two queries ? [message #288357 is a reply to message #288345] Mon, 17 December 2007 03:31 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If there are two independent queries (i.e. no data link between them), results will also be independent. Such a principle enables you to write a report which, for example, displays an average daily temperature during last month (one query) and total amount of sold cars in Botswana (another query); there's no relation between those things.

If you, however, create a data link between two queries, then the second query result will be dependant on the first query results. For example, first query selects departments (names and locations), the second query selects employees who work in these departments - relation exists between department numbers in both queries, so we can link them together.

There's far more about data links in Report Builder's Online Help System; you just have to take some time and read about the issue.
Previous Topic: Format Mask
Next Topic: How to display part of a text in BOLD? (renamed by LF)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 01:56:59 CDT 2024