Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » General Ledger Report (Reports 6i)
General Ledger Report [message #287332] Tue, 11 December 2007 23:50 Go to next message
tayyab_mbait22

Dear All,

i have a problem that how can i calculate opening balance and how can i calculate balance of previous balance + debit amount - credit amount.

i have attatched a Notepad file. which clear my question.

plz help me out i m in trouble..

thanks & regards

Tayyab

[Updated on: Wed, 12 December 2007 05:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: General Ledger Report [message #287335 is a reply to message #287332] Wed, 12 December 2007 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, due to restrictions and/or unwilingness to download and open XLS files, some Forum members are unable to view the attached file.

Could you attach a plain TXT file instead?

In the meantime, perhaps you'd want to read the OraFAQ Forum Guide (so that you'd avoid such a "mistake" in the future).
Re: General Ledger Report [message #287481 is a reply to message #287335] Wed, 12 December 2007 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
What did you try so far to accomplish this?
Are we talking EBS/apps by the way? If not, please provide us with the table descriptions and preferably insert scripts to setup a test.
Re: General Ledger Report [message #287675 is a reply to message #287481] Thu, 13 December 2007 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tayyab_mbait22

i want when i pass parameter from to report it does not display parameter form it directly display report according to the parameter which i send from form.

when i pass parameter from forms to report it display a parameter form of report which i dont need.

plz tell me how can i do this.

thanks & regards

Tayyab
Re: General Ledger Report [message #287879 is a reply to message #287675] Thu, 13 December 2007 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
So
you need that when you call report from a FORM, it should not show you the parameter form of reports.

If this is your requirement then
you can search on the following piece of code while calling reports
else
ignore my post.

DECLARE
pl_id ParamList;

BEGIN
Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'PARAMFORM',  TEXT_PARAMETER, 'NO');
Add_Parameter(pl_id, 'DESTYPE',  TEXT_PARAMETER, 'SCREEN');
--Add_Parameter(p, 'number_of_copies',TEXT_PARAMETER,'1'); 

RUN_PRODUCT (REPORTS,'r06_sing_prod_sal_hist.rep', ASYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM, pl_id, NULL);

end;
/
Re: General Ledger Report [message #288001 is a reply to message #287879] Fri, 14 December 2007 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tayyab_mbait22

Thanks Dear,

now plz tell me how can i calculate opening balance of ledger and how can i calculate a running total. i m attaching a file in which my requirement is showing.

i m waiting for ur reply.

Thanks & Regards

Tayyab
Re: General Ledger Report [message #288093 is a reply to message #287332] Fri, 14 December 2007 15:15 Go to previous message
dude4084
As you have not provided me the table and data, so i have worked on famous emp table.

Please consider sal as debit entry and comm as credit entry.

Download the attached file and see how the things work there to compute running total. You can remove the unwanted column from display.

(Note for Tayyab only: If you failed to understand the report then contact Sir Mushtaq or Sir Zubair)
  • Attachment: test.RDF
    (Size: 60.00KB, Downloaded 1203 times)
Previous Topic: Weak refcursors in Reports9i (URGENT)
Next Topic: How Can I Send Direct Report to Printer using reports 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 01:10:40 CDT 2024