Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Error 1213 when trying to put one field in header of report
Error 1213 when trying to put one field in header of report [message #271176] Sun, 30 September 2007 09:39
hmovy
Hi
I am new to Reports and am using Reports 6. I am trying to create a report where name of department is to appear in the header while details of employees appear in the report. An employee can have more than one record in which case name of employee is to be printed only first time while for remaining records of the same employee, name is not to be printed. Serial number of records being printed is also appearing in report and this number should not change when second and more records of same employee are being printed. If I create report by group above method, name of department is printed at top but I cannot suppress name of employee for second or more record of same employee. However, if I make it a group left report with name of employee, then name of employee is suppressed for second or more records. However, in this case, if I try to put the name of department in the header area by creating a field and setting its source to name of department, then I get the message Rep 1213. Field F_1 references column at a frequency below its group. Please advise in the matter.

Thanks

Anil Chopra
Previous Topic: PDF output of child report
Next Topic: Reports 10g: Parameter Form LOV problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 12:16:02 CDT 2024