Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to use Formula column in Oracle Reports
How to use Formula column in Oracle Reports [message #269188] Fri, 21 September 2007 00:56 Go to next message
ofinisha
Hi all
There is a column which i want to be displayed in a report but cannot select the column in the main query. Someone suggested I can use Formula column for that purpose but I have no idea how to use it.PLEASE HELP.
Re: How to use Formula column in Oracle Reports [message #269203 is a reply to message #269188] Fri, 21 September 2007 02:41 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Create it in the Data Model editor using the Formula Column button (can be found in the Tool Palette).

Name it as you wish, choose its datatype and width. Press "PL/SQL Formula" property button and write PL/SQL code which would return desired value.

Create a field in the Paper Layout editor and make it source to be previously defined formula column.

By the way, all this (and much more) can be found in Report Builder's Online Help System. Why didn't you search for it?
Previous Topic: My report has 43 columns
Next Topic: Lexical reference/parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 11:47:05 CDT 2024