Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Problem in print Long Text
Problem in print Long Text [message #262296] Sun, 26 August 2007 01:22 Go to next message
alijeyan
Hi All

I use report Builder 6i .
my problem is :
I Have a long column in my data table (e.g varchar2(3000) )
my data in Farsi language ( i use AR8MSWIN1256 char. Set).
and I have a report to print Text .
when My Data is long as 1 Line, theb report privew is Ok But when i print report , 1 or 2 or 3 character of end is not print
but Cadr Line is Print .

excuse me For Bad Write in ENGlish !!! My Language is Farsi

ALI JEYAN
Re: Problem in print Long Text [message #262368 is a reply to message #262296] Sun, 26 August 2007 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
In other words, WYSINWYG (what you see is not what you get). Did you install the latest drivers for your printer? Could you check it on their official support pages?

Also, I didn't understand your last sentence: "Cadr Line is Print". What is "cadr line"?
Re: Problem in print Long Text [message #262421 is a reply to message #262368] Mon, 27 August 2007 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alijeyan
ThanQ LittleFoot

I do not write English very well !!!!

My Text Box in the report Have Black Line color . when i print report , the lines of my field is print but the last character of each line not print !!

Like this :

+--------------------------------------+
| TEXT . text . text . text . text .tex| <-- last 't' no print
|text.text.text.text.text.text.text.tex|<-- last 't' no print
|text.text.text.text.text.text.text.tex|<-- last 't' no print
| |
+--------------------------------------+

do you understand ?

ThanQ very much
Re: Problem in print Long Text [message #262446 is a reply to message #262421] Mon, 27 August 2007 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Text box is printed, you say? Even its right side? Hm, I thought that, perhaps, text goes out of paper's right margin and printer is physically not able to print out of margins.

But, if only one letter is missing ... no idea.

Is this "text box line" a line that belongs to a frame, or did you draw it using the "rectangle tool"? What happens if you shrink this field's frame a little bit? Does another letter disappears? And what happens if you enlarge it a little bit?

I'm sorry, I'm completely confused here so I'm probably far from solution.
Re: Problem in print Long Text [message #262503 is a reply to message #262446] Mon, 27 August 2007 05:29 Go to previous message
alijeyan
My Text Box Have Cadr Line (black cadr line arround the field) and cadr is print but
1 or 2 character befor line not print (random).
my data is long as one line . when my data is less than 1 line , print Ok .

ThanQ . I delete that Report and design a new report with new Format , but My boss is crazzzzzzzy !!! she is crazzzzzzy before this report !!!!!!! and she will crazzzzzy for the Rest of her Live !!!!!!!!!!

best regarde for you ...

ALI JEYAN IRAN MASHAD

Previous Topic: To change display order of coloumn in report
Next Topic: discoverer connection issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 12:02:18 CDT 2024