Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » To change display order of coloumn in report
To change display order of coloumn in report [message #262194] Fri, 24 August 2007 23:51 Go to next message
pravin9
Hi,
I have a report where in i need to change display order of col in display

Sample data

Status col

Basic Rates
Reissue Rates
Refinance Rates
Mortgage Modification Rates
Construction Loan Rates

this is a Col in my Matrix Report when i try to display it displays in this format:

Basic Rates
Construction Loan Rates
Mortgage Modification Rates
Refinance Rates
Reissue Rates

Any Thoughts on this

praveen
Re: To change display order of coloumn in report [message #262260 is a reply to message #262194] Sat, 25 August 2007 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Report Wizard orders columns by their position in a query. So, if you didn't do anything with the default layout, rearrange the query's column list, delete layout and use wizard to create a new layout.

Manually, you'll have to go to Paper Layout Editor, possibly set FLEX OFF and CONFINE OFF and move columns up/down - left/right.
Re: To change display order of coloumn in report [message #262399 is a reply to message #262260] Sun, 26 August 2007 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pravin9
Hi,
But i have only one field which displays the data and it displays data during run time so i cant reschudele the col's in paper layout

Praveen
Re: To change display order of coloumn in report [message #262435 is a reply to message #262399] Mon, 27 August 2007 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Ummmmm ... are you, actually, talking about ORDER BY ? Are those "rates" result of SELECT statement, or are they column labels? It seems that ORDER BY would do exactly what you need; alphabetically, "Construction" will come right after "Basic" etc.
Re: To change display order of coloumn in report [message #262481 is a reply to message #262435] Mon, 27 August 2007 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pravin9
Hi,
They are col labels but the data should be displayed accordingly
I mean to say for the first col it should display as basic and display data of basic
And for second col it should display Reissue and display data of reissue and then for refinance as such
the last col is related to construction loan rates

praveen
Re: To change display order of coloumn in report [message #262483 is a reply to message #262481] Mon, 27 August 2007 03:30 Go to previous message
pravin9
They are results of a select statement as you said
Previous Topic: Formula Col
Next Topic: Problem in print Long Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 12:11:04 CDT 2024