Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Remove the column space dynamically.
Remove the column space dynamically. [message #260854] Tue, 21 August 2007 02:19 Go to next message
Pradeepora
Hi,
Iam facing the problem in the report,iam unable to Remove the space dynamically.

Iam able to hide the data dynamically by using the Report triggers, but the space is not removing in the report.

For example if I select the column by using the report parameters the data regarding the column should display and if I not select the column the data should not display and space allocated for that column should be removed.

Regards & thanks,
Pradeep

Re: Remove the column space dynamically. [message #260868 is a reply to message #260854] Tue, 21 August 2007 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you try to modify field's "Vertical / Horizontal Elasticity" properties (from Fixed to Variable or even Contract?

Also, mentioning "report triggers", I guess you are talking about field's "Format Triggers" (which return FALSE when you don't want to display this item).
Re: Remove the column space dynamically. [message #260999 is a reply to message #260868] Tue, 21 August 2007 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradeepora
Hi,
sorry for giving the private message.i used the format triggers only.
I modify field's Horizontal Elasticity" properties (from Fixed to Variable ) and set the vertical Elasticity to the fixed.
If i modify like it is working fine for false but, the problem is after giving the false i tried to give the true(i.e) select the column)now the all the alignment is collapsed.
give a solution please.
regards,
pradeep
Re: Remove the column space dynamically. [message #261078 is a reply to message #260999] Tue, 21 August 2007 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Horizontal elasticity isn't important here; leave it as it was (fixed); vertical elasticity should be set to VARIABLE and you should create a FORMAT TRIGGER in order to hide/display columns or not. Such a combination *usually* works fine.
Re: Remove the column space dynamically. [message #261149 is a reply to message #261078] Wed, 22 August 2007 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradeepora
Hi,

Thanks for your replay, we use the format triggers in the report.
we change the vertical Elasticity to the variable and the Horizontal Elasticity to the Expand in the report then only the report was working fine.But the only problem here is the space is remains at the end we wants to remove this space.

Please help me.

Regards & Thanks,
Pradeep
Re: Remove the column space dynamically. [message #261164 is a reply to message #261149] Wed, 22 August 2007 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
But the only problem here is the space is remains at the end we wants to remove this space.

At the end of what? I'm sorry, I can't imagine how it looks like and how to fix it. Could you provide a test case (including CREATE TABLE and INSERT INTO sample data statements, as well as RDF of your report) so that someone might take a look at it?
Re: Remove the column space dynamically. [message #261225 is a reply to message #260854] Wed, 22 August 2007 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradeepora
Hi,

As you mention in the previous reply I created the new table CUSTOMER and i inserted the data into CUSTOMER table.I mention the table data below.

CUSTOMERID CUSTOMER_NAME COUNTRY

100 NEELIMA INDIA

101 KARTHI AFRICA

102 MUTHAHAR IRAQ

we wrote the below code in the Format Triggers the

function F_CUSTOMERIDFormatTrigger return boolean is
begin
IF :P_CUSTID = 'TRUE' THEN
return (TRUE);
ELSE IF :P_CUSTID = 'FALSE' THEN
RETURN (FALSE);
ELSE
RETURN(TRUE);
END IF;
END IF;
end;

And we changed the field properties the Horizontal Elasticity to Expand and the vertical Elasticity to variable.
now the report is orking fine.

But here the problem is when we gave the parameter value as FALSE the space is remains at end of the report and the when we give TRUE the data should display in the report.Please give the parameter value in capital.

I attached the RDF in this mail,please help me.

Regards&Thanks,
Pradeep

• Attachment: DAEMO.rdf
    (Size: 72.00KB, Downloaded 1177 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 22 August 2007 03:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Remove the column space dynamically. [message #261298 is a reply to message #261225] Wed, 22 August 2007 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I think I understood what you'd like to do ...

Labels' and fields'
- vertical elasticity: variable
- horizontal elasticity: expand

Create three parameters (to display field or not; I chose Y / N)

Format triggers for labels and fields are the same; just change parameter's name; for example
function F_CUSTOMERIDFormatTrigger return boolean is
begin
  return (:PAR_CUSTOMERID = 'Y');
end;

Review the attached report.
  • Attachment: DAEMO.rdf
    (Size: 88.00KB, Downloaded 1227 times)
Re: Remove the column space dynamically. [message #261389 is a reply to message #260854] Wed, 22 August 2007 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pradeepora
Hi,

Thank you very much for giving the solution.

But what modification you did in the in the report we are unable to find , please tell me the modification.so that i can implement in other reports also.

One more doubt is shell we pass the ":par_" through the OTM(ORACLE TRNSPORTAION MANAGEMENT).we are able to pass "P_" through OTM.

Thanks
Pradeep

Re: Remove the column space dynamically. [message #261481 is a reply to message #261389] Wed, 22 August 2007 14:26 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
OMG! Name your parameters as you wish!
  • I told you all the modifications I did in my previous post.
  • I also sent you a sample report which reflects all those changes.
If those two things aren't enough, well, perhaps you should find someone else who will be able to do it better. Because I did my best here and I'm not going to say a word about the issue any more.
Previous Topic: dynamic linking of reports
Next Topic: reducing the column size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 12:23:27 CDT 2024