Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » define XML report layout
define XML report layout [message #167628] Fri, 14 April 2006 14:52 Go to next message
annagel
I have recently started looking at using XML to define and develop new reports, rather than utilizing report builder. I have gotten along well enough and have a good grasp on getting up my data sources and defining a basic document.

Where I am running into trouble is defining a report layout. Especially using the form-like layout which is really what I need for the forms I am looking to use this on. I can get it to put all the info I want on the screen, but I am at a loss as to how to get it to show up were I want (this report would print into a preprinted template so positioning is important).

I have looked at how tdf files are defined, but this seems to be all about defining what goes around the form data and not the layout of the form itself. Is there a way to do this? Or does using XML for the report mean I no longer have the chance to define where fields will show up on the page as I do in report builder? I have been looking around Metalink, Google, and the help in report builder itself and while I found tons of info on the report definition, none of it seems to apply to the actual physical location layout I need.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction,
Andrew

EDIT: forgot to mention I am using report builder 6i and db version 9ir2

[Updated on: Fri, 14 April 2006 14:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: define XML report layout [message #269952 is a reply to message #167628] Tue, 25 September 2007 04:04 Go to previous message
sbhuvana_raj
hi,

could u kindly direct me on how to create reports with xml source.

Bhuvana
Previous Topic: Calender Selection for generating Report
Next Topic: problem with Charts in Reports 6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 11:58:31 CDT 2024