Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » TRIGGERS/PROCEDURES running too slow after index rebuild (ORACLE 8i)
TRIGGERS/PROCEDURES running too slow after index rebuild [message #352874] Fri, 10 October 2008 00:17 Go to next message
ajaysharma2907

Dear SIR,

I have just got 8 months experience on databases and nobody to guide me.
I had to rebuild indexes and after rebuilding my indexes, of lack of experience, i later on moved my tables using
"alter table tblname move tablespace tbsname" command

which led to most of my objects being invalid.
AFTER RECOMPILING all the function/proocedures/triggers and packages etc. the TRIGGERS run very slow and there is not much improvement in the database either.

CAN you please help me to get out of this problem in a detailed manner.

thanks in advance,

AJAY SHARMA

Re: TRIGGERS/PROCEDURES running too slow after index rebuild [message #352891 is a reply to message #352874] Fri, 10 October 2008 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
It could be that you need to re-analyse your indexes. Check this chapter of the Oracle Performance Tuning Guide.

A lesser possibility is that you have some very large packages and your SGA is too small. The packages could be swapped in and out of the SGA. This is less likely though - check the statistics first.

Ross Leishman
Re: TRIGGERS/PROCEDURES running too slow after index rebuild [message #352975 is a reply to message #352891] Fri, 10 October 2008 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ajaysharma2907

Sir,

I have re-build my indexes.
But this has not solved my problem.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

AJAY
Re: TRIGGERS/PROCEDURES running too slow after index rebuild [message #353049 is a reply to message #352975] Fri, 10 October 2008 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Did you collect statistics on tables and indexes after moving/rebuilding the indexes?
If so, how?
Re: TRIGGERS/PROCEDURES running too slow after index rebuild [message #353517 is a reply to message #352874] Tue, 14 October 2008 01:39 Go to previous message
ajaysharma2907

THANK YOU SIR,

THERE WERE NO STATS ON THE TABLES WHICH HAD BEEN MOVED.

AFTER COMPUTING THE STATS I GOT THE REPORTS RUN FASTER AND ACCOLADES.

I AM SO VERY MUCH HAPPY.

THANKS AGAIN,

AJAY SHARMA
JUNIOR DBA
Previous Topic: Bulk insert
Next Topic: MAJOR performance issues since upgrade to 10G
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 14:34:09 CDT 2024