Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » format triggers
format triggers [message #352401] Tue, 07 October 2008 08:13 Go to next message
swati_aher
can anybody will tell me that how to use format trigger in oracle reports 6i.And srw package to format report output?
Re: format triggers [message #352516 is a reply to message #352401] Wed, 08 October 2008 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Hm, how do you mean "how to use format triggers and SRW package"? Use them in a way that they'll do what you need, mostly by writing a valid PL/SQL code.

At the moment, your question is just too vague. What exactly do you want?
Re: format triggers [message #352993 is a reply to message #352401] Fri, 10 October 2008 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swati_aher
actually how to use format trigger to set width,position or any other attributes of item i.e color,forecolor so that when this trigger will get fire all the items will get automatically adjusted
Re: format triggers [message #353038 is a reply to message #352993] Fri, 10 October 2008 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, you can't change physical attributes (as field's size or position) during runtime. As of changing field colors and similar properties, you might want to check the "Conditional Formatting" property.

Did you read through all SRW procedures/functions? Follow the link for each of them you are interested in? Studied the examples provided in Reports Online Help System?

Because, your question is still too general. I hope that you don't expect Forum members to provide examples for all/most of the SRW procedures. If you have a question about a specific problem, say so. Don't forget to provide meaningful information, as well as properly formatted code you have used and explanation what it does compared to what it should do.
Re: format triggers [message #353584 is a reply to message #352401] Tue, 14 October 2008 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaganerp@gmail.com
Formate triggers will use changing layout or some text formates for example if :org_id=1 then return(true) else return(false) .
my intention for that example if you have two operating units or two layouts for that report then will write like this ..
and you are asked some srw package ..those packages will write on action triggers, you have to tell me your requirement i will tell you which package you need
Re: format triggers [message #355191 is a reply to message #353038] Thu, 23 October 2008 01:23 Go to previous message
swati_aher
thanx for your support Cool
Previous Topic: calculation problem (merged)
Next Topic: DECODE ERROR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:08:46 CDT 2024