Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Discoverer Viewer cannot DRILL TO LINK (Discoverer 10.1.2.48.18)
Discoverer Viewer cannot DRILL TO LINK [message #325035] Wed, 04 June 2008 19:59
mcgirr
In Discoverer Plus I have set up a worksheet with 3 levels of drill down.
Lets call this Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. Level 3 is a DRILL TO LINK which simply opens a URL in the web browser. This all works fine in Plus, so I can drill down from level 1 through to level 3 and then get the DRILL TO LINK option which presents the URL in the browser.

However, when I use Discoverer Viewer, I get all the default DRILL RELATED options, but I do not get the DRILL TO LINK option, even though it works in Plus.

What I have discovered is when the worksheet in Plus is saved in a collapsed state, then the DRILL TO LINK option does not appear in Viewer.

When I save the worksheet in Plus where the records are drilled to Level 3 where it presents the DRILL TO LINK option, then it works in Viewer. That is, when I launch Viewer and already have the default view drilled down to the level where it should display the drill to link option, then it works.

I am stumped with this and would appreciate any directions or suggestions.

Thanks, Jim
Previous Topic: nested tables
Next Topic: How to add the value to different columns?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 11:12:03 CDT 2024