Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report taking Long time in discoverer desktop (Windows XP)
icon12.gif  Report taking Long time in discoverer desktop [message #323067] Tue, 27 May 2008 04:15 Go to next message
lakshminarayana.j
Hi ,

I am facing critical problem in Discoverer report.

I have one report with GL and AP details.

In discoverer admin edition i have made the proper joins between folder items gl_je_headers,gl_je_lines,gl_code_combinations,gl_je_batches ap_invoice_distributions and ap_invoices_all.

Joins are like

jl.je_header_id = jh.je_header_id and
jh.je_batch_id = jb.je_batch_id and
jl.code_combination_id = cc.code_combination_id
and aid.dist_code_combination_id =gcc.code_combination_id.
and aia.invoice_di=aid.invoice_id

In desktop edition when i am trying to run the report it's taking more than 2 hours.(I am taking sum(jl.accounted_dr),sum(jl.accounted_cr),invoice_num,invoice_date).

Suggest me.

Note: these joins are made between the various folder items in Admin.There was no query as single folder.

Re: Report taking Long time in discoverer desktop [message #323086 is a reply to message #323067] Tue, 27 May 2008 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
How long does it take if you execute the query in SQL*Plus? (you can copy the SQL statement from Discoverer Desktop).
If that's two hours too, then you have a general performance issue to solve, if not, then it's Discoverer.
Re: Report taking Long time in discoverer desktop [message #323101 is a reply to message #323086] Tue, 27 May 2008 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshminarayana.j
It's taking 16 seconds in SQL*Plus.
Re: Report taking Long time in discoverer desktop [message #323118 is a reply to message #323101] Tue, 27 May 2008 06:13 Go to previous message
skooman
And you are sure that you did get all the rows? (same number of rows as in Discoverer)
Previous Topic: change report direction
Next Topic: Oracle Discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 11:49:41 CDT 2024