Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Discoverer Viewer NULL Parameter Value (Viewer (10.1.2.54.25))
Discoverer Viewer NULL Parameter Value [message #321849] Wed, 21 May 2008 09:52 Go to next message
scamyre
Hi,

Users are using both Discoverer Plus (10.1.2.2) and Viewer (10.1.2.54.25) to run reports. What they are noticing is that the reports do not tie between the two reporting tools due to NULL values not appearing in Viewer when selecting parameter values.

For example:
In Plus, users click the flashlight button next to a parameter and select all available values for the parameter. This includes a value of NULL. When the report is run, all data is found including data with NULL in the parameter column.

In Viewer, users click the flashlight button next to a parameter and select all available values for the parameter. Viewer does not include a value of NULL. When the report is run, only data that has values populated for the parameter column is found – NOT the NULL values.

I have experimented with this by entering just the value NULL in the parameter field in Viewer, which returns no data (although it works in PLUS). I have also tried entering ‘’, which does not work in Viewer wither.

Any ideas why Viewer is not accepting NULL parameter values? And why NULL is not appearing in the parameter LOV in Viewer? Is this a configuration issue, a bug, or is there another work around?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Suzanne
Re: Discoverer Viewer NULL Parameter Value [message #322018 is a reply to message #321849] Thu, 22 May 2008 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
That is registered as a bug on Metalink: bugno 5576526.

Please check metalink to see if there is fix for the version you are using.

For next time: search Metalink before asking something on a forum perhaps?
Re: Discoverer Viewer NULL Parameter Value [message #322088 is a reply to message #321849] Thu, 22 May 2008 08:19 Go to previous message
scamyre
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I had searched Metalink - with no hits. I have also had an SR open with Oracle for 3 days now with no results....

The bug you mentioned is for PLUS, but that bug mentions another bug 6060894 for Viewer. Thank you for your help - I'll go steer Oracle Support in this direction Smile

Suzanne
Previous Topic: terms and conditions to include as text field on report
Next Topic: Sending reports as attachment through email
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 11:02:58 CDT 2024